Winter Kale Salad with Kombucha Dressing
We are nearly a month into 2017, so how are your resolutions going? Have you been keeping them up? I had quite a list of resolutions (are people supposed to do that?), with majority of them going strong, and a couple that didn't stick quite as planned. One of the most common New Year's resolutions is to eat better, in hopes of improving your health! My family eats all sorts of kale salads throughout the week and I'm always trying out new combinations. Whether you are wanting to eat healthier foods or you simply want to try something new, this Winter Kale Salad with homemade Kombucha Dressing is simply delicious! Pomegranate seeds and blueberries are both high in antioxidants, walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, kale is a great source of plant protein, and the Kombucha Dressing contains gut healthy probiotics!
For the salad:
· 1 bunch kale (de-ribbed, torn in bite sized pieces)
· ¾ c pomegranate seeds
· ½ c blueberries
· ¾ c walnuts
· 2 green onion (chopped finely)
1. Place kale in a medium bowl. Toss with Kombucha Dressing, making sure everything is coated.
2. Massage kale to soften the texture (it shrinks in appearance).
3. Add remaining ingredients.
For the dressing: (yields 1c dressing)
· ½ c Kombucha
· ½ c olive oil
· 2 tbs Dijon mustard
· 2 tsp sea salt
· ½ tsp black pepper
· 1 tbs maple syrup
· 1 tbs raw honey
1. Whisk together Kombucha, Dijon mustard, raw honey, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl while whisking to ensure an even mix.
3. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!